I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search



Hospital appointment

Posted 09 Nov 2018 at 13:15

Hi all I've had a blood test that showi a PSA of 3.79,went baxk to the doctor who did a drm told me I had an enlarged prostate and said she would send me to see a urologists, does that mean I could have cancer or is it normal procedure to send me                  thanks in advance 

Posted 09 Nov 2018 at 13:35
An enlarged prostate is a symptom of potential cancer, but also of a prostate infection or Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH). Your PSA is under 4 and that is what the NHS considers normal. Some urologists think that figure is too high for ‘normal’.

You must have presented to the GP initially with some urinary symptoms, what were they?

Anyway, being referred to urology means you’re now on the right track.

Best wishes for the future.

Cheers, John.

Posted 09 Nov 2018 at 14:02

Hi thanks for you quick response. My symptoms were I was getting up to go to the toilet more at night and going more then I should during the day 

Forum Jump  
©2019 Prostate Cancer UK