Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Urology

User
Posted 01 May 2020 at 18:37

Hello,

This is all new to me and I’ve not posted before. My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer in July 2018 at the age of 52. He had a Gleason score of 5+5 and PNI positive. He underwent RT followed by HDR brachytherapy. Since then his PSA has been undetectable at follow up appointments. 

However about a month  ago he started to need the toilet more frequently and was passing small amounts of blood. Urine tests confirmed no infection and he was referred back to the hospital. He saw the urologist today who confirmed their was inflammation in his bladder and they have requested biopsies. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

User
Posted 05 May 2020 at 18:36

Thanks for the reply Chris. He is having a CT scan on Monday and awaiting the appointment to take biopsies. Really hoping it’s inflammation from the radiotherapy.

User
Posted 06 May 2020 at 14:41

Hi Chris,

He had the camera in the bladder last week when he saw the urologist and that’s when they saw the inflammation. It’s 18 months since the radiotherapy and it’s all been a shock. The biopsies are to rule out bladder cancer I believe. 

Thanks, Laura 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 May 2020 at 22:03

Laura

Damage to the bladder from radiation treatment can happen months or years later. I started to pass large blood clots a few months post salvage RT.

Thanks Chris.

User
Posted 05 May 2020 at 18:36

Thanks for the reply Chris. He is having a CT scan on Monday and awaiting the appointment to take biopsies. Really hoping it’s inflammation from the radiotherapy.

User
Posted 06 May 2020 at 08:04

Laura

Hope you do not have to wait too long for the biopsy, I assume he is having a biopsy of the bladder.  Getting a camera into the bladder to have look round will hopefully get you some answers, or has he already had the camera in the bladder.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 06 May 2020 at 08:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 06 May 2020 at 14:41

Hi Chris,

He had the camera in the bladder last week when he saw the urologist and that’s when they saw the inflammation. It’s 18 months since the radiotherapy and it’s all been a shock. The biopsies are to rule out bladder cancer I believe. 

Thanks, Laura