Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

LOG your web issues here

User
Posted 24 Sep 2014 at 09:21

Carol,

I have just undergone HDR brachytherapy on 19 Sep and given the shortage of information on this in the forums thought it would be helpful to give an account of my experience to others either embarking on the treatment or considering it. I typed in a full page of information, hit the POST button and was told I was not connected. Too right. If this is how the site works then it seems to me money has been wasted. All my hard work has been in vain and it's taken me since 21 Sep to calm down from my irritation to make this complaint. Something has got to be done soon.

User
Posted 24 Sep 2014 at 09:25
Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

So let me get this right. We have to sit and observe all the moaning about this site and then be criticised for pointing out its negativity and be forced to close a thread that was started (by me) to deliberately avoid the moaning which had become endemic. I commented because this thread had been hijacked for negative reflections rather than its purpose which was provide feedback to PCUK on issues to resolve. I do not need a lecture on my contribution or to be told that I should close my own thread. I believe we have moderators for that purpose.

Stay with us Paul, you are one of the most thoughtful and diligent contributors here and your experience is so important to new members with a similar diagnosis. Anyway, we are all waiting to hear about the wedding - it must be in the next 3 or 4 weeks?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Sep 2014 at 17:52

Oh go on then! Yes three weeks now but have consultant appointment first next week!

User
Posted 24 Sep 2014 at 19:19

Wedding? Do I need a hat?

Dave

PS Echo Lyn's comments above

User
Posted 24 Sep 2014 at 19:43

Yes Dave a hat is required and Lyn has a very fetching red creation and if you ask nicely she may lend it to you.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 25 Sep 2014 at 14:12
User
Posted 25 Sep 2014 at 14:59

Hi Sadie,

Thanks for that.

One question:

In 'All Topics/Treatment' there is a sub-section entitled 'TREATMENT TO GET RID OF CANCER'.

I for one find myself very uncomfortable posting under such a heading.
It seems very inappropriate.

I would think a large number of us with locally advanced cancer have had to go the HT, RT route, knowing there won't be a cure, but that with luck we can die WITH PCa and NOT BECAUSE OF IT.

George

Edited by member 25 Sep 2014 at 17:41  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Apr 2020 at 10:57

I’ve just managed to join after a lot of trying. 

I’m using an iPad (iOS 13.4.1) and Safari as a browser. Very frustrating to fill out the Join form and find, after filling in all of the details that username already exists. I tried again and again, even with a user name that could not possibly exist! Then cleared the cache and tried again with the same result. Eventually I tried the same thing, with same obscure username but this time using Firefox as the web browser. I could register without problems. 

Not sure if the issue is with your coding or more likely with Apple, but glad to have got through the first hurdle!