I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

not sure

User
Posted 15 Feb 2018 at 19:44

hi to every one, I am a worried about some symptoms I have been having for the last 8 to 9 months. weeing a lot all day and night to the point I can go at night at least 6 or 7 times and dribble both on the way and after and when I get into bed I also dribble before I get to the toilet  during the day 

I also now have lower back pains as though My kidneys are hurting, I have lost a fair bit of weight during the last month and even now after I have had sex I get from time to time painful throbbing between my bum hole and groin that can last what feels ages 

thanks for any thoughts you may have for me 

User
Posted 15 Feb 2018 at 23:48

You need to discuss all this with your doctor who will hopefully test your urine in case there is an infection and also check your prostate to see if it is enlarged. The prostate grows as men get older and sometimes this can stop the bladder from emptying properly. The GP may also take a blood sample to check your PSA level.

It may be that you need a referral to a urologist or that you need some advice from a continence nurse or physio on tightening your pelvic floor and bladder muscles.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Feb 2018 at 00:15

I can't understand why these symptoms have persisted for so long without your seeking advice from your GP. Only tests will determine whether you have PCa because there are a number of other possibilities that could be the cause but nevertheless require investigation.

Barry
User
Posted 16 Feb 2018 at 07:17
I had similar aches in my back caused by urine retention affecting my kidneys. I delayed going to the doctor, I suggest you try to get an appointment ASAP to resolve this issue.

Arthur