Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Xtandi

User
Posted 27 Feb 2019 at 09:52

HI all

My husband who is 50 now as I have said here before has stage 4 cancer- diagnosed July 2017. His PSA started with 95 and a gleason of 9. So already aggressive from day 1.

So with radiation, hormone therapy etc- it spread to pelvis /lymph nodes - now gone to the lungs. My husband is desperate to find someone that has had a 

similar diagnoses and the results today. He has just started using Xtandi. They stopped the other hormone treatment

as it was no longer working. I do not want to only believe in the "statistics" and would like to know if anyone has 

turned such a situation around for the good. He also would like to know what to expect from here on. He is a healthy 

person- hence why so difficult. He is still working and going on as per normal as much as possible. It is so difficult to

even think of what the doctors are even saying in terms of life expectancy.

so just to get some views and thoughts out there. Reality versus perhaps some form of miracle. 

Thanks

User
Posted 27 Feb 2019 at 10:46

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

HI all

My husband who is 50 now as I have said here before has stage 4 cancer- diagnosed July 2017. His PSA started with 95 and a gleason of 9. So already aggressive from day 1.

So with radiation, hormone therapy etc- it spread to pelvis /lymph nodes - now gone to the lungs. My husband is desperate to find someone that has had a similar diagnoses and the results today. He has just started using Xtandi. They stopped the other hormone treatment as it was no longer working. I do not want to only believe in the "statistics" and would like to know if anyone has turned such a situation around for the good. He also would like to know what to expect from here on. He is a healthy person- hence why so difficult. He is still working and going on as per normal as much as possible. It is so difficult to even think of what the doctors are even saying in terms of life expectancy.

so just to get some views and thoughts out there. Reality versus perhaps some form of miracle. 

Thanks

we have a few members that have done well on Xtandi for 2 or more years but generally, they have been men with bone mets rather than organ mets. Spread to the lungs is concerning - did you ever find out whether it was definitely adenocarcinoma rather than a rarer type? 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard