I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

rollercoaster

User
Posted 31 Aug 2023 at 10:27

Hi just had consultation with Oncologist (every 3 months), nearly 6 years since removal and 33 doses of radiation and PSA still up and down!

Last 3 tests, Jan23 1.08

April23 0.644

today 1.02.

Tests have been like this for over 5 years now although Oncologist says he's not worried and continue with Biclamatide and watch and wait, does anyone else have these fluctuating figures, and should I be concerned/

Thanks Barry

User
Posted 31 Aug 2023 at 19:05

Barry, I had fluctuating PSA , if you look at the first part of my profile there is a complete list. I only started HT/bicalutamide a few months ago,so my PSA was not affected by HT.

My oncologist was going to wait until the PSA got to 2,4 or even 8 before any further treatment. With advances in scans and SABR treatment he intervened earlier. Just have to wait until February next year to see what happens.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 01 Sep 2023 at 06:53
BarrySmith bical only treatment ad infinitum seems a little strange, are getting the hormone injection too?

Either way maybe time to ask for a restage scan, ideally PSMA as you haven't had one of those? It may identify the source of the PSA and this may be treatable if it was outside the previous RT field.

User
Posted 01 Sep 2023 at 09:06

Hi Francij no injection just 1 tablet per day, for 4 years now.

thanks for response

Barry