I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Implant

User
Posted 18 Aug 2023 at 21:21

After 3 years since I had my RARP and still experiencing ED issues (only partial nerve sparing), I'm thinking of the penile implant.

Anyone had any experiences or thoughts they are willing to share?

Thanks

User
Posted 19 Aug 2023 at 08:11

I have the AMS 700 implant.  I have very mixed feelings about it.  See my thread - At last, my penile implant.

User
Posted 20 Aug 2023 at 16:39

Hi Silkie

I have no experience of implants except that we ruled it out together with all invasive or drug based options on the basis that at my age then, 71, having undergone a serious surgery (prostatectomy), I did not want to risk any further surgery. Also I realised that I was having considerable success using VEDs (Vacuum Erection Devices) to  create strong and long-lasting erections for penetrative and other type of sex and decided that was the way forward for us. We have been using this approach for the past 12 years with great success. VEDs tend to put people of because it is not very romantic to leave your wife/partner before or after foreplay to pump yourself up! We have found a way round this by incorporating the VEDs after foreplay. Once you have gained enough experience with the pumps it is possible to achieve an erection in un under three minutes. If you want to read about how we incorporate VEDs in our love making have a look at this link:

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t28948-Re-establishing-Sex-Life

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 20 Aug 2023 at 19:32

Don't try pulling a construction ring off an erect penis - that's a good way to do some harm.

Get your fingers in the ring and pull the ring larger so it's not constricting, wait for the erection to go down, and then take the ring off the flaccid penis. Some rings have finger holes or tabs to pull them wider.

User
Posted 21 Aug 2023 at 12:28

Gents, I'll post an update this week but one answer to one of the questions

It's plastic and doesn't beep at airports.  You're also able to have the full range of scans in hospital still 

User
Posted 26 Aug 2023 at 10:37

I've posted an update [26 August 2023] on my thread.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Aug 2023 at 21:37
I reviewed a sexual advice document that mentioned these and they were news to me so I too would be interested in hearing any info. I liked the idea of the one that you pumped up from a salt water bladder/bulb installed in the scrotum. The only downside I can see is accidentally squeezing the wrong bulb :)
User
Posted 19 Aug 2023 at 08:11

I have the AMS 700 implant.  I have very mixed feelings about it.  See my thread - At last, my penile implant.

User
Posted 20 Aug 2023 at 16:39

Hi Silkie

I have no experience of implants except that we ruled it out together with all invasive or drug based options on the basis that at my age then, 71, having undergone a serious surgery (prostatectomy), I did not want to risk any further surgery. Also I realised that I was having considerable success using VEDs (Vacuum Erection Devices) to  create strong and long-lasting erections for penetrative and other type of sex and decided that was the way forward for us. We have been using this approach for the past 12 years with great success. VEDs tend to put people of because it is not very romantic to leave your wife/partner before or after foreplay to pump yourself up! We have found a way round this by incorporating the VEDs after foreplay. Once you have gained enough experience with the pumps it is possible to achieve an erection in un under three minutes. If you want to read about how we incorporate VEDs in our love making have a look at this link:

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 20 Aug 2023 at 17:10
Not wanting to hijack the thread but can I ask how tight the cock rings need to be to maintain the erection pratap?

My £5 chinese special VED has a very tight opening suitable for obtaining a non-leaking seal with my smaller than average flaccid member - but my VED erections have much more girth than I had pre-RARP (although shorter due to the surgery) and it becomes darn painful and quite difficult to remove when erect - plenty of lube and a bit of tugging needed. But it does maintain the erection whilst it's on but the pain takes away any enjoyment.

So I want to order some rings but have no idea how tight they need to be to keep the erection but not so tight as to risk damage and pain.

User
Posted 20 Aug 2023 at 19:32

Don't try pulling a construction ring off an erect penis - that's a good way to do some harm.

Get your fingers in the ring and pull the ring larger so it's not constricting, wait for the erection to go down, and then take the ring off the flaccid penis. Some rings have finger holes or tabs to pull them wider.

User
Posted 20 Aug 2023 at 21:31

Hi Ulsterman,

I've had a look at your thread on your penile implant.  I notice that you haven't updated it for a while.  I would be very interested to know how you view the outcome now, after a reasonable amount of time, and (hopefully) good use.  You  have said that it's 'not perfect', but useable.  If you would prefer to reply privately, feel free to do so, but others might also be interested in an update.  I am also interested in the appearance.  For example, does it look obviously very different to previously, so that it would be immediately obvious to others?  Also, on a more practical note, have you been though the metal detectors at airports, and how did that go??  Do you need to carry a doctor's letter to explain to security staff what the issue is?

Thanks for any information.

Best wishes,

JedSee.

User
Posted 21 Aug 2023 at 12:10

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Ulsterman - I was also wondering if there any further updates about your implants.

User
Posted 21 Aug 2023 at 12:28

Gents, I'll post an update this week but one answer to one of the questions

It's plastic and doesn't beep at airports.  You're also able to have the full range of scans in hospital still 

User
Posted 21 Aug 2023 at 13:01

Hi Steve

Simple answer is: pretty tight!  Having used three different types of rings over many years I strongly recommend the ones that come with the medical grade pump (SOMAerect, marketed by iMedicare.co.uk and available on prescription in the UK, the vacuum cylinders come in three/four sizes). They come in three sizes X(small) Y(Medium and Z(Large). For the technique to work you need to have the medical grade pump. You put the ring/s on the pump and then pump your penis up to the size you desire and then slip the ring on to the base of the penis. I use two rings - a medium and a large but you should practise only with the large one first. Putting a ring on the base of an erect penis is not exactly a pleasurable experience (ping! Ouch! moments) but you can train yourself and over time you will get the pleasure out of simply seeing your penis in its full glory capable of penetrative sex. Taking the ring off is not straight forward either - put two (one on each side of the ring) fingers between the ring and the penis, pull apart, and let the penis deflate and then gently pull it off the penis! Ouch!. With practice you can achieve an erection in under three minutes. If  you what to see a demonstration showing how this is done  please message me privately and I will give you a link. Also here is a link describing how one can incorporate a penis pump during a love making session:

User
Posted 21 Aug 2023 at 13:10

Re-reading this thread I think I would like to make it quite clear that I am not pushing the VEDs solution for ED for everyone. There are many more options to consider. Our reason for picking the VEDs solution was simple: at my age, then 71, I did not wish to use drugs or undergo any surgery - horses for courses!

User
Posted 21 Aug 2023 at 18:36

Thanks Ulsterman,

It was foolish of me to presume that the implant was metal.  Thanks for the clarification.

Best wishes,

JedSee.

User
Posted 26 Aug 2023 at 10:37

I've posted an update [26 August 2023] on my thread.