I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Psa?

User
Posted 14 Sep 2014 at 14:08
Hi my OH is sailing through his first lot of chemo ,very proud of what he has achieved overcoming SCC
Where he was unable to walk to back behind the steering wheel and going for the milk
We didn't know where we was six months ago.
On our recent hospital appointment just before chemo 8 he had a psa reading of 59 it had dropped from 146
The oncologist was thrilled and was initially hoping for under 100 when the whole cycle was done ,so it could go very low
I asked when the chemo was finished what number would they be looking at before the next treatment she replied it's not the number it's how quick it's going up .so am I right that he could have a higher psa but stable and be better off than starting again at
Low figures ,if the psa is let's say 7 and it stats to go up quick ,because the psa was low is the next treatmement more likely to control it? I'm proberly sounding muddled . It's because it's all I have going round in my head . They also mentioned that the bones mets could vanish pity they couldn't get rid of the prostrate where it would all be coming from again,
Sorry for the outpour. Sue.
User
Posted 14 Sep 2014 at 19:23

Sue

After my first 10 sessions of Chemo my PSA went from 34 to less than 1. I'm now undergoing a second batch of ten (about to do #8) and my PSA is about 1000, having hit 1500 at peak. Do I feel any different? No, is the short answer. How you feel is a good indicator of how things are http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

Nil desperandum
Allister