I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Increase in PSA

User
Posted 13 Oct 2017 at 04:36

Hello - its been a few years since been on line we have moved from Portugal to France and health wise apart from the tiredness and the increase in PSA Barry seems to have been coping well after they stopped the HT he seemed a lot happier and not having the sweats as much. But just as you start to get complacent along comes a shock and me being a born worrier there is no where better than this forum to seek advice and support. We were having 12 month visits to hospital in UK but yesterday the PSA result has increased from 1.4 last year to 2.9 when he was first diagnosed it was 95 with a gleason of 8 but after radiotherapy it went down to .007. So they want him back in 3 months so big thing is what happens next whether we move back to UK if we think there is the potential of more treatment we have lots of rescue animals here  so its big move and finances wise very lucky if we could sell the problem is I know he wont have the HT again because of how he felt so not sure we never see the same oncologist always a registrar so you dont feel anyone to ask. Everyone says the french healthcare is brilliant but we havent been here long enough to move over and language is not as good as it should be  so just not sure what to expect next         

User
Posted 13 Oct 2017 at 07:21

Hi,
Please have a look at my profile,
I was DX in 2011 with a psa of 3.1 and a gleason score of 4+5
My Psa started to rise after my three years of HT stopped and my ONCO wanted to put me back on HT at 2 but in between psa tests my psa rose to 3.2 from 1.52
my cancer has  back in my groin ,shoulder, and groin
I am having early Chemo, six sessions combined with Hormones which has shown good results in a ten year study for recurrent prostate cancer
I am under the Royal Marsden
Psa now now 0.05

There are a number of lads on here from the old thread Radio therapy Underway on the same treatment as me, but I wont mention their names,

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/topics/3-READ-ONLY--Treatment

Edited by member 13 Oct 2017 at 07:51  | Reason: Not specified