I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Trus biopsy

User
Posted 09 Apr 2023 at 07:35

Hi. I had a trus biopsy almost 4 weeks ago and am still experiencing brown coloured semen and a reduction in the amount of semen I ejaculate. Can I ask if anyone has experienced these symptoms. 

User
Posted 09 Apr 2023 at 14:46

Yes, it is five years since my trus biopsy, so I can't remember exactly all the side effects. Brown semen and low ejaculate lasted quite a few weeks.

Dave

User
Posted 09 Apr 2023 at 16:21

Steven,I remember exactly the same things happening. The semen changed from pink blancmange, to rusty brown of a period of weeks.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 09 Apr 2023 at 17:21
Entirely normal. Tomato sauce = fresh blood. Brown sauce = dead blood cells. Brown sauce is fine and it'll gradually clear up over the next couple of months.

Cheers,

Chris

User
Posted 09 Apr 2023 at 23:56

Brown means it's old blood. It's bright red for a few days after it bled, and then the red blood cells break down and release the iron, which immediately rusts so they go brown. So the fact it isn't red any more means no new bleeding - you're just washing out what bled a while back.

It took me about 3 weeks to flush it out with daily ejeculation, although I think the leaflet I was given said up to 6 weeks.