Error

Thanks

User
Posted 14 Aug 2023 at 20:25

Thanks

Edited by member 06 Nov 2023 at 21:21  | Reason: Delete

User
Posted 05 Nov 2023 at 20:54
Best to have this kind of conversation on private message rather than an open forum. The rules do say that we can't name medical professionals or hospitals and, while the hospital rule is generally ignored, there is a liability for PCUK if anyone posts something libellous or which brings a particular hospital into disrepute :-(
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Nov 2023 at 20:42

Hello Ivor

I have just had robotic laparoscopic prostatectomy at RUH and have to say I found the whole team to be great.

The first attempt at the operation did have to be aborted after a couple of arteries got ‘nicked’ in the operation…apparently because I’m so thin! The consultants, nurses and health care assistants were all very supportive after this and CT scans were quickly organised to show no bleeding and I was home again in 48 hours.

Just over three weeks later I was back for a second go and all was successful as far as I know to date. Home after just the one night in hospital this time, but entirely my choice. The doctors and nurses on the ward were more than happy for me to stay longer if I wanted.

Due to go back this week to have the catheter removed. Recovery from the surgery has been fine and the on-call urology nurse team are very helpful if you have any questions or worries.

Let me know if you’d like any more information on my experience.

I hope all goes well for you.

Duncan

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Nov 2023 at 20:42

Hello Ivor

I have just had robotic laparoscopic prostatectomy at RUH and have to say I found the whole team to be great.

The first attempt at the operation did have to be aborted after a couple of arteries got ‘nicked’ in the operation…apparently because I’m so thin! The consultants, nurses and health care assistants were all very supportive after this and CT scans were quickly organised to show no bleeding and I was home again in 48 hours.

Just over three weeks later I was back for a second go and all was successful as far as I know to date. Home after just the one night in hospital this time, but entirely my choice. The doctors and nurses on the ward were more than happy for me to stay longer if I wanted.

Due to go back this week to have the catheter removed. Recovery from the surgery has been fine and the on-call urology nurse team are very helpful if you have any questions or worries.

Let me know if you’d like any more information on my experience.

I hope all goes well for you.

Duncan

User
Posted 05 Nov 2023 at 20:54
Best to have this kind of conversation on private message rather than an open forum. The rules do say that we can't name medical professionals or hospitals and, while the hospital rule is generally ignored, there is a liability for PCUK if anyone posts something libellous or which brings a particular hospital into disrepute :-(
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard