I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A place to have a chat.

User
Posted 28 Mar 2024 at 14:52

Wow , love all these stories. It’s like we are really getting to know each other. Rather than just what treatment we are on… 

I’ve known you a while now Lyn but that story was a big surprise πŸ‘. 

I bought my girlfriend a car for her 17th birthday … does that count πŸ€”. Dirty Gerty - the car not the girlfriend… 

Then i bought her a better car for her 18th.  A one year old Cortina Mk4 in bright red. 

Did I spoil her , yes I did and I don’t regret it one bit. Still married after 43 years now πŸ‘

Cant think what I’ve done that scared me the most πŸ€”… 

Cheers, 

Phil

User
Posted 28 Mar 2024 at 15:06

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Cant think what I’ve done that scared me the most πŸ€”… 

Her reaction when you didn't buy her a better car on her 19th? πŸ˜†

We blokes do make a rod for our own backs. I made the mistake of buying mine Chanel No5 on our first Valentines. A custom she's never let me stop. 

User
Posted 28 Mar 2024 at 15:13

Her reaction when you didn't buy her a better car on her 19th? πŸ˜†

We got married when she was 19 😁. Then I bought her a 6 month old MG Metro and then shortly after a brand new Suzuki SJ410 Jeep. 

Yes definitely a rod for our own backs.

Years ago when mortgages were 18% - remember that ? We struggled as we’d just bought a nice big house - eek. I sold my beloved RS2000 I’d had from new and bought a multi coloured old Nissan Sunny Estate and the wife refused to go in it 🀦‍β™€οΈπŸ€£ Can’t say I blame her actually, but I had in over 2 years just to spite everyone that hated it … 🀷‍♂️

Phil

Edited by member 28 Mar 2024 at 15:14  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Mar 2024 at 12:32

My neighbour has a harley-ish motorbike, think it's a yamaha v-twin

Don't ever say that to a HD rider - they will beat you to a pulp! 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Mar 2024 at 12:34

Have you got any faults? (Other than not drinking?)

I smoke like a chimney and make a living by making grown men cry

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Mar 2024 at 12:36

30 years ago he bought a Z200 which he rode occasionally and is going to be his retirement restoration project! It’s now officially a classic bike qualifying for free tax as it’s over 40 years old!

Brilliant - will be fantastic if he ever gets time to do it!  

User
Posted 29 Mar 2024 at 15:36

I smoke like a chimney and make a living by making grown men cry

A bit like a dominatrix?

User
Posted 30 Mar 2024 at 01:26

Just putting it out there, for once and probably one time only the mighty Bantams finally won a game today, albeit on a sandpit pitch. Now up to the dizzy heights of 14 th in the 4 th division - Wiooppeee!. Can it possibly get any better than this?

User
Posted 30 Mar 2024 at 07:10

Hi, Spongebob.

I've being reading your profile story. It's brilliant!  A reet riveting read. πŸ‘πŸ‘.Your last update was over a couple of weeks ago are you still continuing to recover and regaining your fitness. I presume, by the timing of your post here, your still struggling a bit with disturbed sleep. 

Although it probably means nowt to you; by reading your tale, and seeing how your coping, has helped me enormously.

Cheers pal.

Edited by member 30 Mar 2024 at 09:48  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 30 Mar 2024 at 12:24

Hi Adrian, 

I’m chuffed to bits that you’ve read my bio and even more so if you have found it helpful. I hadn’t realised that I’d written so much, I reckon you deserve a medal for reading it all 😬.

I was up late last night, overdoing it on the Hopp and vine 🍺🍷. We ended up watching an old Al Murray ‘Pub Landlord’ show. We found it so funny. So good to have a really really good laugh.

Yes, I’m due to put another update on. I’ve spent the last couple of weeks mostly taking stock of where I’m at. I guess most of us will probably spend a lot of time doing that. Mind you my conclusions are really that I increasingly feel like a really old git creaking at the seams, and still have the same symptoms I started off with and more.

It’s a glorious day here today β˜€οΈ I hope it is where you are too and that you are making the most of it.

cheers

Spongebob

User
Posted 30 Mar 2024 at 15:38

Mind you my conclusions are really that I increasingly feel like a really old git creaking at the seams, and still have the same symptoms I started off with and more.

It’s a glorious day here today β˜€οΈ I hope it is where you are too and that you are making the most of it.

My sentiments exactly, I feel like an old clapped out car.

Its a lovely day here, on the East coast. Had  4 or 5 bevvies in the back garden, life's not bad today. πŸ‘

User
Posted 31 Mar 2024 at 20:45

Re Jethro Tull. I will let you know how it goes. They are my wifes favourite band and I have always liked them too. Never been to Symphony Hall in Brum so the sound should be good at least. Hope you all are having a good Easter. We have our family coming  tomorrow for a roast dinner so really looking forward to us all being together. Enjoy the rest of the Easter break.

User
Posted 02 Apr 2024 at 15:11

Lovely story, we took her on a med cruise after GCSEs when she was 16 and she met a boy on the ship from Portsmouth, we got on really well with his family…so they kept in touch and visits were arranged, then two years later she went to Guildford uni (only an hour away from him) five years later they bought a house in Portsmouth, got married December 21 and had baby six months ago….they are both 30 this year and we are all cruising again (his parents too) to celebrate!

That is so lovely… isn’t fate amazing  πŸ₯° 

I met my missus in a Pub with her friend. They’d decided they should go out one night but was their first time in a pub on their own. I had called my mate that night as I was bored ( just got back from working in Germany) and we went to that same pub. Soon as I walked in I was OMG I have to get over to that lovely shy girl but my mate was a bit useless 🀦‍♀️.  Dragged him over eventually and after chatting found out they were only 15 ( nearly 16! ) 😳… And I was just turned 24… Turned out they both lived on Canvey like us so offered them a lift home. As we walked outside to get in my car the girls went to get in an old Morris 1000 next to mine. I said this is my car - I had a brand new Capri in white with brown tints and AllyCat wheels. Turns out my girl had told her friend that one day she’d have a boyfriend with a white Capri. 🀷‍♂️. Still together after all these years and with a few people saying it wouldn’t last. 

Phil

User
Posted 02 Apr 2024 at 22:12

Well I agree with fate being amazing.

The girl upstairs

Cast your mind back to 1978 for those of you who are as old as me >>>>> πŸ’­. Thats supposed to be a dream!

I had met my future wife briefly  before we were together as we had mutual friends. I had no idea that she was moving in to the flat above mine and was surprised when I came back from work quite late one night ( I worked shifts in a childrens home then ) and heard her call out ' would you like to come up for a cup of tea'. Well I NEVER drink tea and had just been to the pub to get a couple of beers to have and relax with some music before going to bed.  As I did not want to be  rude I went upstairs and told her that I didn't like tea but would she like to share a beer with me. To my surprise she immediately said yes and rushed to get some glasses out. TBH I was a bit p****d off as I thought I was now going to be a bit short of beerπŸ˜†.  I was, as she had at least half of it  πŸ˜…. I actually thought it was great that she drank beer and we had a great evening together .So much so that within 2 weeks we were sharing my flat downstairs as it was much bigger than hers . We married in 82 and have been together ever since. Had some rough times mind you but who doesn't.

Come on you lot  there must be more stories worth sharing.

Jackson AKA Martin . There is a story behind that as well!! I will leave you in suspense!

User
Posted 03 Apr 2024 at 09:39

Love all these stories. Shows we are real people with history not just patients with PCa. 

Phil

User
Posted 03 Apr 2024 at 10:11

within 2 weeks we were sharing my flat downstairs as it was much bigger than hers .

It's lovely when you can impress a lady with something much bigger than she's used to. 😁

Me and mine are both 'second time arounders'. We've been together 27 years. 

Jackson, I'll match your The girl upstairs, with my romantic The woman and the burning flotilla. (Sounds like a story about a lady an STD 😁)

Very early in our relationship, she invited me over to her place, for a romantic evening. She'd done a bubble bath with loads of scented tea lights perched around the edge of the bath. After a having a luxurious soak for a few minutes, I decided that a 'standing up cuddle' was in order.

As I stood up, I slipped on a bar of soap and lost balance. I instinctively grabbed out for the shower curtain, which pulled down the rail. I fell head first out of the bath colliding with the wall mounted bathroom cabinet. I ended up, wrapped in the curtain, face down on the bathroom floor, with the shower curtain rail nestled along the crack of my *rse. 

I looked at her. The tsunami I'd caused had washed most of the candles into the bath. They were floating around her like an armada on fire.

At least she was giggling and I did manage to make good the damage I'd caused.

I was and still am the Frank Spencer of the Kama Sutra. 😁

Edited by member 03 Apr 2024 at 18:40  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 03 Apr 2024 at 10:33

I was and still am the Frank Spencer of the Kama Sutra. 😁

🀣🀣

User
Posted 03 Apr 2024 at 19:49

My story to marriage is not quite so exciting. Me and the future missus were both well into our 30s, both left high up on the shelf having both been around the block several times over. πŸ‘΅πŸ‘΄
Of course back in those days there was no handy online love matching instead it was a case of getting well blotto’d and then trying our luck down town at the night clubs.
In retrospect, I had absolutely no chance of finding a ‘match’ in a nightclub, where the girls were all ‘glammed’ up looking for their ideal debonair millionaire. How many of these beauties would be interested in a scruffy looking drunken bloke who likes footy, mountain biking, hiking and boozing?

Anyway, and so it came to pass that me and the missus met in a nightclub (we should call it the ‘Last Chance Saloon’), each of us both having made last minute decisions to go out and persuaded to do so by our respective mates, she was pi$$ed looking for a millionaire and I was similarly pi$$ed hoping for anything 😬.

I used to think that a good way to impress a girl was to whizz her around the Yorkshire Dales and amazingly this time it worked.
Then, not long after we eloped and got married on the Isle of Skye with my dog Oscar acting as best man (it was a November, all the shops were shut and we had trouble finding a ring).

I sent postcards to family, friends and work to let them know. My mum still not properly forgiven me.
And then we went on to have two kids in our40s! And we’re still together and very much still enjoy the odd glass or two.

cheers 🍷🍷

User
Posted 03 Apr 2024 at 20:22

Then, not long after we eloped and got married on the Isle of Skye with my dog Oscar acting as best man (it was a November, all the shops were shut and we had trouble finding a ring).

Me and my beloved met in 1997. Both divorced. My two lads were at University. She had a two kids, son aged 10, and 8 year old daughter. We got a house together two years later. 

We wanted to make sure before risking tying the knot again. So, exactly 15 years after the day we first met,  unbeknown to anyone other than ourselves; we got married at a nearby registry office. We didn't even have witnesses arranged, so I had to go to the next door, Health and Safety Offices and beg two employees to give us 20 minutes.

After the service we had a three day honeymoon, at a hotel near Whitby.

Okay, it certainly wasn't glamorous, but it was so romantic. We felt like a couple of naughty kids.

We kept our marriage secret for a further 8 years!  It was only when my dad became seriously ill with 'our disease' that we decided to announce it.

Our four kids couldn't believe we'd been so devious.

Edited by member 03 Apr 2024 at 21:10  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 05:41

Ah, so this is where the insomniacs hang out!

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 05:43

Ah, so this is where the insomniacs hang out.

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 05:44

Ah, so this is where the insomniacs hang out!

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 08:37

Hi Richard, 

Yes, yes, yes. 😁

A month ago I was here regularly in the early hours. I had terrible trouble sleeping. It's still not perfect but much better than it was.

I see the Bical having an effect on you. I saw on another thread you'd posted

"and I def spoke to soon re the Bical, because for some reason I had nipples like Kim Basinger this afternoon and was craving all sorts of stodgy/sugary crap in the supermarket, I think I'll have to do food shopping daily, as I have limited will power."

No wonder you can't sleep full of sugar and within touching distance of Ms Bassinger's beauties. 😁

Edited by member 04 Apr 2024 at 09:01  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 18:01

We kept our marriage secret for a further 8 years!  It was only when my dad became seriously ill with 'our disease' that we decided to announce it.

Wow! Now that is some secret to keep, incredible!!

User
Posted 05 Apr 2024 at 04:51

A month ago I was here regularly in the early hours. I had terrible trouble sleeping. It's still not perfect but much better than it was.

Whoops spoke to soon. There's only me here, and, at the last count, 37,896 sheep.

Been awake for a hour and can't get back  to sleep. We're looking after the grandkids today as well!

I bet before the days through they're calling me Grumpy Grandad. πŸ™‚

37,897, 37,898 ......

Edited by member 05 Apr 2024 at 09:27  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 01:04

Here’s one for you insomniacs who may appear later, what’s your song to reflect your current mood?
I’ve been really struggling this week, my legs feel like heavy lead weights, I continue to get up 6-7-8-9or10+ times every night for a wee but can’t sleep anyway due to the frequent Prostap induced hot sweats. When I have a session getting pi$$ed like I did tonight with the missus watching some Netflix American series rubbish, I spend more time at the bog than in my chair. I’m 61 but feel more like 91. Prostap making me weaker and weak, my favourite football team loses every week and is in the bottom division, seriously now considering getting myself an electric MTB because I have no muscles left to peddle my old trusty mean machine (my pedal bike), but I bet they don’t fund them on the NHS (quite right too). Just putting it out there😬😬😬😬.

I’ve got this song in mind >>>>>
Just a castaway an island lost at sea, oh

Another lonely day with no one here but me, ohMore loneliness than any man could bearRescue me before I fall into despair, oh

I'll send an S.O.S to the worldI hope that someone gets my message in a bottle, “

That'll be the SpongeBob
User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 09:08

Oh SpongeBob, so sorry to hear this. Sounds like the Prostap is doing a number on you all right. Is it possible to talk to your CNS about the frequency of wee breaks? It must be so tiring and when you’re tired everything seems worse. I added Solifenacin to the Tamsulosin. 
I now take Mirtazapine as a sleeping aid which works well. Not so good as an anti depressant so still have my weepy days thinking about how long I’ve got left and how fast my disease is progressing now. Can’t bear the thought of leaving my wife alone.. Doesn’t seem right . 
Take care buddy. 
Phil

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 10:36

Here’s one for you insomniacs who may appear later, what’s your song to reflect your current mood?
I’ve been really struggling this week, my legs feel like heavy lead weights, I continue to get up 6-7-8-9or10+ times every night for a wee but can’t sleep anyway due to the frequent Prostap induced hot sweats.

Hello mate,

Sorry to see that you're struggling.

Usually, I rarely sleep well, and I'm awake in the early hours. However, last night was the best night's kip I've had for months.

For the past 4 months, we've sadly slept in separate rooms, it's the only way we can try to get a decent nights kip. I hardly slept a wink the night before. We looked after the grandkids all day yesterday, it was great to be with them but was very tiring. We went to bed just after 11pm. I woke at 7 am, I couldn't believe it. I even went back to sleep for another couple of hours. I didn't get up until 9:30. I feel like a new bloke today. A lack of sleep is crippling, it's why they use sleep deprivation to torture people.

As you know, I had surgery, so apart from a couple of months on Bilcal, I've not  experienced the awful side effects of HT that youre having to deal with. I just managed to avoid HT injections, when they decided that I was fit for the op.

Although I'm not on HT, I have a heart issue that seems to effect me in similar ways to HT. I had a heart attack, only 2 months after my prostate op. I was beginning to think I was that unlucky that if Kim Bassinger had have had triplets, I be the one who was bottle fed. They ended up drilling out and stenting one of the main arteries but it looks like they'll have to do the same with another. Like you, I feel knackered and very old. It's so irritating. Until I was 50 years old, I was running 5 miles everyday and doing 500 press ups in 5x100 sets a day. I was as fit as a butchers dog. Now I struggle to walk 200 yards to the Co-op. Getting old is crap and I understand how depressing it can be when your get up and go has got up and gone. The thing I miss most, is kicking a football about with my grandson. Now when we go to the park I have to take one of his mates to act as a sub.

Even after a year after my prostatectomy, I get good and bad days. Life has certainly become a bl**dy roller coaster.

On a lighter note, I love your idea of what song reflects your mood. Today, luckily, mine would be Happy by Pharrell Williams, but tomorrow it'll probably be So Sad the Song by Gladys Knight.

Best of luck pal. I hope you feel brighter and fitter soon.

Edited by member 06 Apr 2024 at 13:31  | Reason: Change of tune. 😁

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 10:49

Not so good as an anti depressant so still have my weepy days thinking about how long I’ve got left and how fast my disease is progressing now. Can’t bear the thought of leaving my wife alone

Ey up Phil.

I thought you were in Jersey?

As I've said before, you are one of my heroes on here. I admire your upbeat personality and the way you are coping, you inspire me to try and be likewise. 

I suppose in reality, we usually post on here the lighter side of our lives, but often deal with the darker times privately in silence. 

Anyway mate, I hope you have great weekend whatever you're doing.

Edited by member 06 Apr 2024 at 11:40  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 12:23

I thought you were in Jersey?

We are here in Jersey. Just back from breakfast out …. Need a rest now. 

Met with KevT at Luton on our way here. Lovely to meet him and his wife. Hope they’re having a lovely time here. 

Always try to be positive, does kinda become a way of thinking . Plus I don’t want to be down for the wife. 

Phil

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 12:31

It's lovely that you and Kev met up. Get some rest mate, then have couple for me.πŸ˜πŸ‘

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

User
Posted 06 Apr 2024 at 19:07

So pleased to have met Phil and his wife.  It was nice chatting and passing time. Would have chatted longer but our bags were off the plane before us.

Thanks for the tips about Jersey Phil, we did some Castle-ing and the war tunnels today. 

Walked our feet off, and about to share a massive bath with the Mrs. It's our anniversary tomorrow so we'll be back out enjoying more Jersey tomorrow πŸ‘πŸ»

Cheers, 

Kev.

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 07:37

Hi Kev,

Belated happy anniversary to you and your beloved. I hope your romantic big bath together went better than one I described early ( full details on this thread, 3 April @ 10:11) when I nearly drowned my missus. 😁

Edited by member 08 Apr 2024 at 07:43  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Apr 2024 at 08:01

Thanks Adrian, or shall I call you Frank?

Jersey is very nice, I would certainly recommend visiting if you haven't already. 

Seems that curtain pole was a bit too close for comfort, you would have been famous in A&E 🀣

Cheers, 

Kev

Edited by member 08 Apr 2024 at 08:09  | Reason: Added note

User
Posted 09 Apr 2024 at 12:50

Good news. Bad news

First the bad news. I went for my Invicorp  and was told that the supplier had none in stock. How damn annoying, especially as I've eventually mastered the injection procedure. 😫

However, the good news is there's a rumour  that Elon Musk and Bill Gates are collaborating to make a new ED drug.

They're calling it Elongates.

Boom...boom.

(apologises to those who've heard it before)

Edited by member 09 Apr 2024 at 18:07  | Reason: Additional text.

User
Posted 11 Apr 2024 at 09:13

Phil and Kev should be back from Jersey?

But are conspicuous by their absence?

Perhaps they've got hangovers from hell? πŸ€”

Perhaps they did had a run in with Bergerac? πŸ€”

User
Posted 11 Apr 2024 at 09:36

Haha, no sign of Bergerac. We met up with Phil and his wife at the airport and had a really nice chat in the lounge. We continued back at Luton where they finally managed to break free from us at the car park. 

Funny thing about Jersey is the number of fast cars. The island has a 40mph limit so your porsche or ferrari has to chug around at the same speed as the riff-raff. 

we got home to find our apple tree covered in blossom and grape vines in bud (cuttings from my old house). Also, switched on the nestbox camera and the bluetit has completed her nest with feathers so should see eggs very soon. 

I love the spring, it's so full of life. 

Cheers. 

Kev.

User
Posted 11 Apr 2024 at 09:59

we got home to find our apple tree covered in blossom and grape vines in bud (cuttings from my old house). Also, switched on the nestbox camera and the bluetit has completed her nest with feathers so should see eggs very soon. 

I love the spring, it's so full of life. 

Hi Kev,

I love spring aswell. My clematis is full of buds. The allium are starting to grow and my Acer is coming into leaf. The lawn is still saturated. I can't ever remember the ground being so wet. The fish in the pond are already mating and I've got a robin and black bird nesting in the garden. We've got lots of blue tits in the garden but despite having umpteen boxes, none have ever nested.

The only benefit of the cancer,  is I have a pee jug to.use at night if needed, which I'm emptying in my composts bins. It seems to be working a treat.

I'm glad you had a fab time but it's always nice to be back home isn't it.

Edited by member 11 Apr 2024 at 10:09  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 11 Apr 2024 at 12:27

Hello guys, I’m back 😁.. Been very busy after our weekend away so just sat down for 10 mins between getting the ironing and packing done for this weekend’s trip to visit friends on Exmoor while the missus is at work. She is going too 🀣 , she’s just at work now 🀦‍♀️… 

Was lovely to catch up with Kev and Kirsty. Felt like we’d known each other for a long time. Kev’s right , there’s lots of fast cars and loads of full size Range Rovers which I can imagine getting stuck in some of the roads our son goes down… 

Nice to see spring is coming , everything looking green and fresh. Still got lots of planting to do, front and back as we’ve had a complete re model of the rear garden and front drive done leaving a nice quadrant in the front corner for shrubs etc… Looking forward to going round the garden centres choosing what to buy 😁. Well I don’t choose of course as I haven’t a clue 😳

Still come home to being a bit fretful about next weeks bone scan and subsequent consultation … 😬… Just like a bit of stability for a while so I can get off the monthly checks/consultations as you don’t really get a chance to relax.. I almost want to get the Orchidectomy done so I can come off the HT and steroids. I’m blowing up like a balloon. I’m still able to get a ‘rise’ on the HT but who knows after the Orchidectomy . I suppose it’s anyone’s guess. 

Take care chaps

Phil

Edited by member 11 Apr 2024 at 12:28  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 11 Apr 2024 at 21:36

Hey up chaps, SpongeBob here in France no less, on a belated road trip with the missus ( belated due to the PCa causing us to cancel our family hol last year). Just had a pleasant meal at a Restaurant Chinoise in Troyes - fabulous here, c’est la vie, certainement πŸ˜¬πŸ˜¬πŸ‡«πŸ‡·

User
Posted 11 Apr 2024 at 22:03

Bon soir mon ami.

Have a great time mate! 

User
Posted 12 Apr 2024 at 22:05

In the spirit of grand national weekend, I thought I’d start a sweepstake on my next PSA level. May last year saw a level of 5.9. December was 6.8, and March was 7.9

So that’s a rise of roughly 0.13/month between the first two, and 0.36/month between the next two. I reckon if the growth rate follows the same pattern, I’m going to get 11. 

Any takers? No betting required, but we may as well have some fun with this bloody thing 😬

Hope we all have a good weekend and a winner if we bet. 
Ian.

User
Posted 12 Apr 2024 at 22:39

Hi Ian.

This is a bit like PSA bingo.😁

"It's twenty two. Surgery for you"

"It's thirty three. Radiotherapy"

Joking apart mate, I hope it's not another rise. 

When's your next test? Are you still having another MRI?

I've already put my bets on. Usually you get better prices the day before.

I've put a fiver on Chemical Energy. 

It reminds me of my Invicorp jabs. πŸ˜†

It's a pity there isn't a horse called Floppy Dick.  We'd all back it.

Edited by member 12 Apr 2024 at 22:45  | Reason: Additional text

User
Posted 12 Apr 2024 at 22:49

Hi mate

I haven’t got a bet on yet. Might try tomorrow morning before I start my weekend chores!

Next test on 17th June. Consultant said she thoroughly expects another rise. After three on the bounce I’m also pretty resigned to it. If so, she wants to re-stage me with a view to starting treatment. I’ve decided I’m going to ask for this anyway to be honest whatever the result is. She openly admitted to me last week that the  original G7 score could be right. If so, with 11 cores, bilateral disease etc, then it needs to be dealt with apparently. Once she told me that two separate pathologists scored me a G7 independently, the odds on my AS gamble shifted in my mind. So one way or another it’s treatment time later this year. I just hope that there hasn’t been much change and that RARP is still on the table. So to speak.

Have a great weekend mate.

Ian.

User
Posted 13 Apr 2024 at 08:54

When I was diagnosed, I really wanted to put off the inevitable and go on AS, but being 4+3=7 it was out of the question. 

In hindsight though, after reading yours and other accounts, I've changed my view, it seems like torture so fingers crossed for you 🀞

As for the National, I have a £ each way on Chemical Energy and Run Wild Fred, hopefully they've both got four legs.

Cheers!

Kev.

User
Posted 13 Apr 2024 at 10:43

My bets:

£2.50 EW on Chemical Energy @ 50/1

£5 win on Corach Rambler @ 8/1

£2 win on Galia Des Liteaux @ 28/1

My wife's

£2 EW Foxy Jack's @ 40/1

£2 EW Mahler Mission @ 14/1

I am bitterly disappointed that she didn't think of me and back Mr Incredible! 😁

I bet they all fall at the first fence.

I'm using Paddy Power bookies as he sponsored PCUK for a million quid early this year. Good lad, Paddy.

Talking of PCUK. Did anyone notice that Lord Sugar's new advisor Tim Campbell, was wearing one of our ties in the latest episode?

https://twitter.com/ProstateUK/status/1778709710943789398

Well done Tim! πŸ‘

Edited by member 13 Apr 2024 at 20:45  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 13 Apr 2024 at 18:42

Very poor tipping by us, nothing even close πŸ‘Ž; but what a brilliant race and a very worthy winner. Fantastic that all the horses were OK and that there were no serious injuries.πŸ‘

Edited by member 13 Apr 2024 at 20:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 14 Apr 2024 at 21:49

Hi Chaps,

Spongebob here still in France but now skint. So far for meals we’ve had a Tunisian couscous in Arras, Italian dish in Hermonville, Chinese in Troyes, French πŸ‡«πŸ‡· in Noyers sur Serein, Indian (poulet vindaloo) in Chartres, Galettes in Bayeux.

Fabulous, must admit though to struggling with this type of holiday being a road trip, because most days I’m driving all the morning everyday wanting to go for a poo all the time presumably as a result of the radiation. You might think strange that I therefore decided to go for a vindaloo!. But I decided on a vindaloo because surely the belly couldn’t get any worse, in fact I feel better.
Trouble is the absence of public bogs in France. So it has been a bit of an uncomfortable experience. But what’s the alternative? To stay inside sitting on the bog all day? No chance, not SpongeBob even if I have to take an emergency ‘al fresco’ behind a bush with the missus acting as Gendarme😱.

We went to see the Bayeux tapestry today, if for you gents history floats your boat then I really recommend it. In fact I’m that interested that I have an Indiana Jones desire to try go search for the templates that they must have used (although the wife killed that idea dead when she suggested that Bishop Ord probably drew the template on the tapestry cloth itself!!!). Let me know if anyone wants to join me on a quest to find the lost templates.

I’ve had quite a few cold blonde Leffes on this trip and have developed quite a liking for them along with of course the beaucoup de vin which my Onco would fall of his chair with if he knew 😬. Vivre le France - it’s not their fault.

Salut

Spongebob

User
Posted 14 Apr 2024 at 22:15

We went to see the Bayeux tapestry today, if for you gents history floats your boat then I really recommend it.

How can the the tapestry really depict history when it's a complete fabrication. πŸ€” 

Joking apart, I saw documentary on BBC 4 about it which was very interesting. The thing in the sky  which looks like a badminton shuttlecock, is actually Halley's comet.

I'm pleased that, despite the difficulties, you're having a good time mate.πŸ‘

Edited by member 15 Apr 2024 at 08:20  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 15 Apr 2024 at 07:40

Hi Chaps,

Spongebob here still in France but now skint. So far for meals we’ve had a Tunisian couscous in Arras, Italian dish in Hermonville, Chinese in Troyes, French πŸ‡«πŸ‡· in Noyers sur Serein, Indian (poulet vindaloo) in Chartres, Galettes in Bayeux.

What next Spongebob? Pie 'n Mash in Paris?

What a great road trip though, it's good to see that you're cracking on with it πŸ‘πŸ»

Cheers, 

Kev.