I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Next steps

User
Posted 13 Apr 2015 at 19:46
My spouse was diagnosed with metastatic pca in 2012.. He has run the gauntlet of decapeptyl, bicalutamide and 10 cycles of docetaxel chemo. His chemo ended in February and we were hoping for a respite, but already we are on the enzalutamide trail as alp and psa have shot up in past six weeks. Does anybody have a similar experience and how are you doing on enzalutamide? It seems there is no respite from this awful illness.
Max
"You can only play the hand you're dealt"
User
Posted 14 Apr 2015 at 08:28

Hi my oh has just done 10 rounds of docetaxel each cycle psa dropped but as soon as it finished within a couple of months psa was on the rise ,we our now starting cabazitaxel more chemo so we our hopeing this last a bit longer it's a roller coaster all the time !
Take care.sue.

User
Posted 14 Apr 2015 at 08:52

I hope that goes well for you. It seems to me that every treat ment which "could give some months" only lasts weeks and the dreaded cells start to rampage again. I suppose I just feel that this latest drug will be the same though I know I shouldnt lose hope. Just a wobble I think. Thanks for your reply.

Max
"You can only play the hand you're dealt"
User
Posted 14 Apr 2015 at 09:22

I hope all goes well for you too..
It's hard to stay positive when things aren't going as hoped but
A year ago my oh suffered spinal cord compression whilst we were in lanzarote he lost nearly
All the use of his legs and how we got home God knows!
As soon as we arrived home he spent the next three weeks in hospital the first week in bed .prior to this he was working full time so it was a huge blow in our cancer journey,they said he may get the use of his legs again he may not!
Over the coming months we excercised he made use of out treadmill and began to regain strength..all this and having chemo ,he had to learn to balance again stand on his own and eventually walk .
Three weeks ago we was back in Cyprus he was walking round the buffet which is a huge achievement for him now we are back to face our next round of chemo .
So I think remaining positive is crucial if you can .
Take care.