Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Leakage

User
Posted 29 Jun 2015 at 22:03
Hi all

Finished all my treatment in March and had PSA results in May down to .30 , everything going well . Having a bit of trouble with leakage have had one accident while driving couldn't find a loo in time , carry all the emergancy kit now , spare clothes ,pee bottle ,radar key. I have started wearing pads for security , most of the time I am OK it seems to be when you stand after sitting for a while and of course you can't hold on now, I find if I see a loo I go based on time rather than waiting for the feeling to come on . I see PCUK have litrature on Pelvic exercises has anybody tried it with any success.

KEEP POSITIVE

Alan

User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 09:09

I think a lot of men have/are using pelvic floor exercises and to great effect.

Always wise to use a loo when you see one as I keep telling my husband. It's not for him though !!
Same with the security of knowing you have everything with you that you need.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 19:59
A

I did PFEs for about three months pre op and was 99 percent dry 4 days post catheter removal. Was it the exercises or the skill of the surgeon ? I also did lots of PFEs post catheter removal, 14 months on I still do them when I think about it. I can normally hold on for a while, but cannot stop mid stream ( not something you should keep trying ) but noticed it when doing a sample. Frequency seems to have increased and volume decreased since not doing so many PFEs, must get back into the routine.

Still wear a pad if going on a long journey just in case of traffic jams, like you have the emergency kit in the car just in case.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 21:29

I only had a month to practice before my op. I'm only 5 days post catheter removal but blissfully continent. I think the surgeon was doing something new so it's 50/50 in my case. I was told to do pelvic floors forever now , as the prostate is / was part of the support. Once removed that support is gone so practice forever. I'm sure others on here know far more than me
I'm using a loo much more. And remembering to just clench before standing , stooping , coughing etc. but I'm trying to hold on also when it's safe. Ie at home

User
Posted 01 Jul 2015 at 11:12

I had prostate removed in April, was incontinent for a short while then gradually made a comeback. I accept the fact I may never be 100% again but I am nearly there. If I am to leak these days its because I sneezed, or make some other sudden movement which I was not mentally prepared for.

Having a sudden urge to pee in a city (I live in a city) can be a real pain! I now just brazen it out and go, up an alley way, behind a wheely bin, in between two cars. I've done it all. Better than wetting yourself!

User
Posted 01 Jul 2015 at 18:52

Gunwharfman, you can apply for a radar key to get into toilets for disabled people. You can also get a card which explains you have a medical problem which you can show to shops & businesses in the hope of using their staff toilets.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 09:09

I think a lot of men have/are using pelvic floor exercises and to great effect.

Always wise to use a loo when you see one as I keep telling my husband. It's not for him though !!
Same with the security of knowing you have everything with you that you need.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 19:59
A

I did PFEs for about three months pre op and was 99 percent dry 4 days post catheter removal. Was it the exercises or the skill of the surgeon ? I also did lots of PFEs post catheter removal, 14 months on I still do them when I think about it. I can normally hold on for a while, but cannot stop mid stream ( not something you should keep trying ) but noticed it when doing a sample. Frequency seems to have increased and volume decreased since not doing so many PFEs, must get back into the routine.

Still wear a pad if going on a long journey just in case of traffic jams, like you have the emergency kit in the car just in case.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 21:29

I only had a month to practice before my op. I'm only 5 days post catheter removal but blissfully continent. I think the surgeon was doing something new so it's 50/50 in my case. I was told to do pelvic floors forever now , as the prostate is / was part of the support. Once removed that support is gone so practice forever. I'm sure others on here know far more than me
I'm using a loo much more. And remembering to just clench before standing , stooping , coughing etc. but I'm trying to hold on also when it's safe. Ie at home

User
Posted 01 Jul 2015 at 11:12

I had prostate removed in April, was incontinent for a short while then gradually made a comeback. I accept the fact I may never be 100% again but I am nearly there. If I am to leak these days its because I sneezed, or make some other sudden movement which I was not mentally prepared for.

Having a sudden urge to pee in a city (I live in a city) can be a real pain! I now just brazen it out and go, up an alley way, behind a wheely bin, in between two cars. I've done it all. Better than wetting yourself!

User
Posted 01 Jul 2015 at 18:52

Gunwharfman, you can apply for a radar key to get into toilets for disabled people. You can also get a card which explains you have a medical problem which you can show to shops & businesses in the hope of using their staff toilets.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Aug 2015 at 16:42

Still flowing like a river here, 12 weeks post op.
PFE daily, still no joy : -(

User
Posted 12 Sep 2015 at 22:49

Johny do talk to the physio team at your hospital - they may be able to help