I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

During chemo

User
Posted 22 Aug 2018 at 16:56

Dear All, can you just tell me while chemotherapy metastasis can spread to other area . 

User
Posted 22 Aug 2018 at 20:32
Yes it can but it would indicate that the chemo hadn't worked as hoped.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Aug 2018 at 19:02
Bose, you ask the same questions over and over again. It is extremely irritating and I am beginning to wonder whether you are taking the ssip.

Your dad has advanced prostate cancer and according to you, has had spinal cord compression in the past. SCC is not the same as having spinal mets. SCC cannot be cured but radiotherapy can reduce the pain temporarily and surgery can stabilise the spine if someone becomes paralysed or similar.

Chemo cannot cure your dad's SCC or his spinal Mets and is not known for reducing pain.

Your dad's cancer seems very advanced and it may be that nothing really works for very long in his case. But you should ask his doctors rather than keep asking the same questions repeatedly on here.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Aug 2018 at 20:15
I wondered about this too. Surely, all these questions should be directed to Dad's consultant for more precise consideration and answers in so far as his situation and prospects.
Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Aug 2018 at 20:32
Yes it can but it would indicate that the chemo hadn't worked as hoped.

User
Posted 23 Aug 2018 at 08:40
Thanks for your reply LynEyre before diagnosed my father was suffering from back pain by god grace after radiation and chemo there is lot of improvement it means that tumour is shrink
User
Posted 24 Aug 2018 at 09:46
Dear All can you just tell me All stage 4 cancer survival rate is different . Prostate cancer survival rate is maximum because there is lot of treatments Because many times I heard in stage 4 cancer you are not able to do work and physical actives in spine metastasis and any other bone metastasis is it true
User
Posted 24 Aug 2018 at 15:09
If you are feeling ok you should able to carry on with normal activities but avoid any danger of falling and fracturing a bone.
User
Posted 24 Aug 2018 at 16:37
Thank you Dark warrior 😊
User
Posted 24 Aug 2018 at 17:27

Dear Dark warrior mscc pain will return in nearby future.... actualy my father was falling there  little pain in hips but now its ok no pain it means there is no fracture in hip area but due to chemo he is having less Mobility 

Edited by member 24 Aug 2018 at 18:12  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Aug 2018 at 19:02
Bose, you ask the same questions over and over again. It is extremely irritating and I am beginning to wonder whether you are taking the ssip.

Your dad has advanced prostate cancer and according to you, has had spinal cord compression in the past. SCC is not the same as having spinal mets. SCC cannot be cured but radiotherapy can reduce the pain temporarily and surgery can stabilise the spine if someone becomes paralysed or similar.

Chemo cannot cure your dad's SCC or his spinal Mets and is not known for reducing pain.

Your dad's cancer seems very advanced and it may be that nothing really works for very long in his case. But you should ask his doctors rather than keep asking the same questions repeatedly on here.

User
Posted 24 Aug 2018 at 20:15
I wondered about this too. Surely, all these questions should be directed to Dad's consultant for more precise consideration and answers in so far as his situation and prospects.
Barry