Posted 16 Nov 2020 at 10:42

Fantastic news!!

Ange x

User
Posted 20 Nov 2020 at 20:04
Nice one Centurion!!!!!
User
Posted 18 Feb 2021 at 15:42

I had my PSA tested last Wednesday 10/2/2021, result today is <0.1. What a relief especially given I coughed up a blood clot a few weeks back and that set off some diagnostics. My chest CT scan is normal so I must have had an infection when I coughed up the blood, all seems ok thank goodness. I had my last PROSTAP 3 injection in January 2019, don't want that again if I can avoid it! Salvage Radiotherapy completed end April 2017.

Stay strong, best wishes to everyone.

Ido4

User
Posted 18 Feb 2021 at 15:43
Well done! Keep smashing those numbers out of the park!
User
Posted 18 Feb 2021 at 16:20

Ido4 

Good to hear things are going well,apart from the Blood. 

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 18 Feb 2021 at 16:57  | Reason: Missing word

User
Posted 18 Feb 2021 at 16:24
Good news mate. Re your comment on HT I’m still dreading the future as I’m on HT forever now unless it impacts me too much ! But the alternative .....?

Anyway really glad for you , not sure about the blood but I guess a CT would have shown anything up.

User
Posted 18 Feb 2021 at 19:32
Oh that wonderful < sign. Long may it continue

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 18 Feb 2021 at 21:02

Great news. My husband completed adjuvant RT at Christmas and his first PSA is due next month....I’m starting to feel a bit twitchy.

User
Posted 18 Feb 2021 at 23:13

Lexi, I hope the PSA result is less than 0.1 next month. The twitchiness doesn’t go away sadly. 

Ido4

User
Posted 19 Feb 2021 at 09:59
Great news πŸ‘

Bri

User
Posted 19 Feb 2021 at 10:08

Fantastic news, what a relief for you.  Long may this continue.

Angex 

User
Posted 01 Mar 2021 at 15:33

HI , I'm a member of the community since 2012 I joined in a panic when diagnosed however only posted once or twice. My wife passed away after a battle of ten years with Breast cancer in October last year. Here  I am now 9 years later after having had a Radical Prostatectomy. Having just been told I have a small tumour in the prostate bed. I'm on hormone treatment at the moment and due to begin RT to the prostate bed at the end of next month . Basically I'm looking for advice. The Plumber 

User
Posted 01 Mar 2021 at 16:42

Hi The Plumber, I am really sorry to hear your wife passed away last year. 
Have you had your planning scan for the radiotherapy?

I had a planning scan where I had to drink a fixed amount of water after emptying my bladder. They added three dot tattoos to help the radiologists line me up on the treatment machine.

Not having a prostate makes lining up slightly trickier so I was given a cone CT scan on the treatment machine every day to make sure I was in the right place with the radiologist able to make slight final adjustments before blasting me! 
I also had to use a micro enema for the first ten treatments to get rid of any gas in the bowel. 
I was advised not to use normal shower gel or any creams for the 4 weeks of radiotherapy as these can contain metals which can affect the X-rays as they enter your body.

I was also given a dietary sheet telling me to eat white bread, peel apples etc to reduce fibre during treatment but I believe different centres have different protocols.

The radiotherapy was straightforward, I arrived at least 30 minutes before my appointment time to allow use of the micro enema and empty my bladder.

The team were fantastic. I received 55 Grays over 20 sessions. I did find I got pretty tired at the end of each week but it passed quickly. I remained on hormone therapy for 2 years post radiotherapy.

I hope that helps, all the best with the treatment.

Ido4

User
Posted 01 Mar 2021 at 16:46

The plumber, probably best to start your own thread..

Sounds like good news they have found the recurrence and can treat it..

User
Posted 01 Mar 2021 at 20:07
Thanks for the info I.T. not my best subject . It has taken me long enough to get started here .

Ido4's posts got me thinking this all sounds very familiar . I'm interested to get my head round what I may expect by the way of side effects.

I understand everyone is different however its great to find a place to discuss and learn from people like yourselves who have been through it and or are going through it.

I will have a look at starting my own thread as you suggest.

My planning scan is set for 26/03/21

What are Grays ?

I was working for any Asian gentleman when I discovered I had PC and had to tell him I couldn't finish the work as I had a personal problem I had to deal with. He offered to help if he could. I said I dont think you could help with my particular problem but thanks anyway.

When I had my first consultation he said well Mr T it looks like I will be doing your plumbing work.

I will have a try at a thread thanks for now

User
Posted 02 Mar 2021 at 00:50
Grays are the dose of radiotherapy - so a man might have 37 fractions (sessions) of 2Gy totalling 74Gy or might have 19 or 20 fractions of 3Gy or 3.2Gy or similar.

It sounds like men who have 20 sessions at 3Gy are getting less than their peers who get 37 sessions but research a few years ago showed that fewer sessions at a slightly higher dose was just as successful but with fewer side effects. Oncologists use either your diagnostic data or their personal preference to decide how many Grays to give you over how many fractions

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Sep 2021 at 16:03

Ido,

i have a localized recurrence with gleason 4+3 and PSA 1.6. With intraductal carcinoma. The PSMA shows no metastasis…The lesion tumor is on right peripheral..Also prostatic adenocarcinoma 

In NYC they are recommending a Salvage HD brachytherapy with possible HT…I don’t really want the HT..

Would  be interested in your thoughts. 

Did you have salvage brachytherapy HD?

User
Posted 19 Sep 2021 at 14:55

Hi Willyhae, I had salvage radiotherapy after prostatectomy so brachytherapy was never an option. I had the radiotherapy alongside 27 months or so of HT. (Prostap)
This was because my PSADT was 1.2 months.

As others have said in your thread I haven’t heard of salvage brachytherapy, might be worth trying to find people who have had this.

Wishing you all the best,

Ido4

User
Posted 28 Sep 2021 at 12:15

Latest PSA from 17th September 2021, still <0.1, so pleased and relieved. First grandchild due in February, so much want to be part of their life for as long as possible.

Ido4

User
Posted 28 Sep 2021 at 14:42

Hi ido4,

Great news mate long may it continue and best wishes on the new Grandchild they will soon have you chasing about.

John.

User
Posted 28 Sep 2021 at 14:44
Fab news!
User
Posted 28 Sep 2021 at 18:02

πŸ‘Great news

Cheers

Bill

Edited by member 28 Sep 2021 at 18:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Sep 2021 at 21:10

Congratulations on the PSA result and awaited Grandchild. Best wishes for good health to you all.

User
Posted 28 Sep 2021 at 21:19
Double congrats xxx
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Sep 2021 at 07:55

Ido 

Another good result, and congratulations on your other good news.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 29 Sep 2021 at 15:27
Superb!

Every bit of good news is a lift in these mad times!

User
Posted 29 Sep 2021 at 22:04

Fantastic news!!  A lovely Grandchild to look forward to in 2022 who will bring you so much joy and pleasure.

Ange x

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 14:46

Update

PSA tested 22/12/2021. The number has moved from PSA architect to a row below labelled PSA. Figure is <0.10 which is great but why am I concerned by the move to 2 decimal places? Change of machine?

I think I’ll take it! Looking forward to first grandson arriving next month.

Edited by member 10 Jan 2022 at 14:48  | Reason: Not specified

Ido4

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 16:50
So happy to read that! Now it's time for you to enjoy the great news, both your PSA and your grandson about to come.

And don't forget: parents' duty is educating their kids, grandparents', spoiling them.

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 17:34

Thanks Lola52, looking forward to spoiling the grandchild!

Ido4

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 22:58

Happy for you on both counts

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 23:18

Ido4 

Great news , best wishes for the future. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 11 Jan 2022 at 00:02
πŸ‘πŸ₯³

User
Posted 11 Jan 2022 at 08:07
Brill
User
Posted 11 Jan 2022 at 09:21
Excellent, long may it continue

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 11 Jan 2022 at 18:34
Great result πŸ‘
User
Posted 12 Jan 2022 at 16:55

Ido4,

Great news mate long may it last.

John.

User
Posted 12 Jan 2022 at 17:00

Great news Ido on both fronts πŸ₯³

User
Posted 12 Jan 2022 at 17:05
Great news - sorry I did not see it before. Well done!
User
Posted 08 Jul 2022 at 19:42

I haven’t updated for a while. Latest PSA blood test on 21/6/2022 is still undetectable, <0.10 which I am delighted about. It’s now over five years since I completed salvage radiotherapy.  Unfortunately my bowels are still affected by the radiation so I’m having to seek advice on this. But I’m so happy to still be here, had a holiday in Majorca in June with my lovely wife which was fabulous. Loving being a Grandad now too! 

Ido4

User
Posted 08 Jul 2022 at 19:50
Really pleased for you mate apart from the obvious. Glad you had a good break too ! Keep on enjoying life more each day πŸ‘
User
Posted 08 Jul 2022 at 20:23

Idol, all sounds to be going well, let's hope it continues. 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 08 Jul 2022 at 22:22

Glad to read you! Everything seems to be going pretty well!

Congrats on your PSA, on your lovely wife, on your having become a happy grandpa - wellcome to the club- and on your holiday in Mallorca. 

User
Posted 08 Jul 2022 at 23:14

Great news with your latest PSA. Hopefully you can get the bowel problems sorted soon aswell. Keep enjoying the holidays and the grandad duties.

User
Posted 08 Jul 2022 at 23:53

Well done.

Dave

User
Posted 09 Jul 2022 at 03:59

It's our duty, Ido.

I've already spoilt five of themπŸ’ͺ

User
Posted 09 Jul 2022 at 08:33

Fantastic news on PSA and 5 years since salvage RT.

I just read through this fascinating thread, I hope you can get the bowel problem sorted and crack on with enjoying life.

Good luck, 

Kev.

User
Posted 09 Jul 2022 at 09:43

Great news  - long may it continue and more holidays! .  Have fun with your grandchild, grandchildren are so special.

Arthur

User
Posted 09 Jul 2022 at 10:13

Great reading your update Ido4.   Keep enjoying happy times with your lovely Grandson and all your family.  Hope you can get your bowel problems sorted soon.  Best wishes.

Angex

User
Posted 09 Jul 2022 at 18:08
Ido, I had major bowel problems. I had a SEHCAT scan and then a colonoscopy. Have you seen anyone about it yet?