I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Spread

User
Posted 24 Sep 2018 at 17:33

hi, due to dad's rise in psa and bone pain he was sent for an mri today where he was told the cancer has spread to the sacrum. Is anyone else living with this? He seems to be quite sore and a bit numb around that area. He's taking painkillers and waiting on the oncologist to be in touch. 

Edited by member 24 Sep 2018 at 19:46  | Reason: Not specified

Miffy
User
Posted 25 Sep 2018 at 18:48
Just bumping you Miffy as I don't know the answer and don't want your question missed
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 25 Sep 2018 at 19:46

Hi Miffy

ask your Onco if SABR treatment could be considered as it worked for me. Some hospitals are trialing this.

Roy

User
Posted 25 Sep 2018 at 20:37

thanks guys. Well he was rang today and asked to go in tomorrow to the radiotherapy department. That's all we know for now but can only be a good thing. 

Miffy
User
Posted 26 Sep 2018 at 00:33
I hope it goes okay Miffy - perhaps they are going to give his new bone met a zap to reduce pain?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Sep 2018 at 01:18

hi, hubby has a lot of pain too.

latest MRI

...MRI summary Conclusion. Extensive spinal metastatic disease with moderate diffuse spinal canal stenosis from L3 down in combination with epidural fat. Probable impingement of right L4 nerve root. Contact with bilateral L3 nerve roots. Extensive infiltrative metastases of left sacrum, left iliac bone and pelvic muscles

he had blasts week ago so they are still waiting for the pain to go down more, he had ridiculous pain last months or so.

User
Posted 26 Sep 2018 at 07:40

Sorry to read your loved one is in pain. Its horrible. Hopefully this works for him soon. Is radiotherapy something that will help long term or is it a short term solution for pain alone? Will it actually do some damage to the met? 

Also, side effects. How have people's experiences been? Mum and dad have a concert to go to on Sunday, I got them tickets last Christmas so they have waited a long time, I'd be upset for them if they couldn't make it! I know it's not priority and the least of our worries really but for them it's a bit of normality and I don't want that taken away from them. How have people's experiences been in the days after treatment?

Edited by member 26 Sep 2018 at 08:35  | Reason: Not specified

Miffy
User
Posted 26 Sep 2018 at 12:37
the pain is certainly less, the doc says it can take 10 days to feel the full effect. in previous times he managed to go around shopping centre the next day.
User
Posted 26 Sep 2018 at 12:38
the pain is certainly less, the doc says it can take 10 days to feel the full effect. in previous times he managed to go around shopping centre the next day.
User
Posted 26 Sep 2018 at 12:46

How long does the pain relief usually last? 

Miffy