I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bazza

User
Posted 01 May 2019 at 14:54

last chemo was Tuesday week ago. Felt fine until yesterday then fatigue like a hammer blow. Aching limbs, hot and cold, the worst flu ever. Please tell me this will pass and is there a timeline for losing all the symptoms ie hair coming back from soft fur, peripheral neuropathic pain in soles of feet, energy levels etc

User
Posted 01 May 2019 at 16:30
Bazza

It will pass, always found week 2 the worst part of the cycle. Lost a lot of body hair which hasn't really grown back properly 4 months after finishing chemo. Also my ribbed fingernails are slowly starting to grow out, they look weird.

Fatigue, energy levels are back to normal - we have a huge lawn, cut it yesterday and felt fine afterwards - when I cut it in February I thought it was going to kill me.

Patience my friend, take you 3 months to get your stamina levels back, in the meantime try and relax.

User
Posted 01 May 2019 at 18:42
Hi Bazza

you should phone the Drs you need antibiotics Tony was like you after his 7th one it was about a week after the chemo and he felt like he had been hit with a sledgehammer nut the antibiotics cleared it up really quickly.

x

User
Posted 01 May 2019 at 19:30
Thinking of you Bazza. Very brave warrior !
User
Posted 02 May 2019 at 09:55

John took a good while to recover after the tenth one Bazza, make sure you are taking your daily temp to make sure you don’t have an infection. Generally week two was the tired week. John’s hair is ok now four months afterwards, he never lost much because he was on a 75% dose.

take care

love Devonmaid 

User
Posted 02 May 2019 at 15:06
Stan' s hair grew back quite quickly and with curls that he hadn't had pre-chemo
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard